Any website begins with a domain name. A domain name is the web URL (e.g. www.fgensolutions.com) that people type in to reach your site, basically acting as your internet address.
We encourage you to purchase your domain name as soon as possible, even if you don’t plan to develop a website in the immediate future, as you cannot purchase a domain name if someone else has already purchased it.
If this happens, you either have to purchase the domain name you want from the owner (most likely at exorbitant prices) or settle for a different one that may not be as accurate or concise as you wanted.
We offer services to help our clients select the most appropriate domain name and then purchase and keep the domain name of their choice for as long as they need it.
Domain names are not a one-time purchase but cost an annual fee to keep the name registered. It is the most valuable, inexpensive part of the website you will own.
Choosing a Domain Name
If you do not have a domain name already, we help you choose one that best fits your needs. Most of our clients prefer URL ending in “.com,” although we can also purchase names ending in “.org,” “.net,” etc. We then help you come up with ideas for the URL and see which ones are available. You choose which one you want, and we buy it.
Already Have a Domain Name?
If you already have a domain name that you pay for yearly, it’s no problem! We give the client the choice of transferring control (not ownership) of the domain name to us or continuing to pay their current registrar. The benefits of letting us control it include:
- Cheaper yearly fees – we charge less than the registrar you are currently using in most cases.
- Consolidated website bills – you no longer have to pay us for hosting and then pay the registrar for your domain name. It’s all included in our yearly invoice.
- Domain name security – you don’t have to worry about accidentally missing a payment and losing your domain name. We ensure that your domain name stays registered every year.
Although we believe that transferring control of the domain name to us is the best option, we are more than willing to work with clients who want to keep their domain with their current registrar. Allowing us to control your domain name does not transfer ownership of the domain to us, and if at any time you would like to cancel your website with us we will either continue to hold your domain name for you or offer to transfer it to a registrar of your choice.
We also offer remote web hosting for all of our clients. Every website you navigate to on the internet is merely data that is contained on a physical server somewhere on the globe. When you enter the domain name (web address) it points you to that server and your computer then fetches that data to your screen, enabling you to see the website. We host our sites on our dedicated server. Having a dedicated server allows us to offer one of the highest -performance hosting options avaailab,e A dedicated server is like owning your own house.
Dedicated Servers give you:
- Faster Connection Speeds
- 24/7 uptime
- Maintenance on the fly
- Reduces the risk of any viruses
A few key reasons for having a dedicated server could be:
- Security is a concern for your website. With a dedicated server, you’re completely in charge of your site’s security. This means you can optimize the features you need for the specific requirements of your website and store files
- Server Control. Dedicated hosting gives you complete responsibility for how you choose to use your server.
- Your website is growing and needs to handle more traffic. If you anticipate that your website is going to grow quickly, it might be a good idea to opt for a dedicated server now.
- You want faster loading times for your website. On a shared server, you won’t have any insight into when the server’s resources are being used elsewhere, which could make your site run slowly. Opting for a dedicated server will guarantee you have the bandwidth you need to enhance your page loading times.